Generally, we collect, use and disclose personal information to:
- Administer and service the business relationship with Dream Customers and to provide Dream Customers with the requested services, information and support
- Process payment transactions and facilitate billing for Dream Customers and Consumers;
- Improve and personalize Dream’s mPOS Solution;
- Determine a Dream Customer’s financial status by collecting financial information from credit agencies, strategic partners or other financial institutions;
- Comply with any required reporting to associations (i.e.: Visa, MasterCard etc.);
- Track and analyze trends and usage in connection with Dream’s mPOS Solution;
- Safeguard your or our interests such as to verify your identity; to investigate and prevent suspicious activities or fraud; and to protect our rights or property;
- Enable features of Dream’s mPOS Solution such as sending transaction receipts to Consumers through e-mail or SMS;
- Identify insights, trends and analytics of activities of Consumers; and
- Send other information about Dream Payments and its products and services.
Collection of Personal Information by Dream Customers
Principle - Dream Payments will obtain your consent for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, including when Dream Payments wishes to use the collected information for any other purpose.
We obtain most of your personal information, and your express consent for its collection, during the Merchant registration process when you complete the registration form online to receive Dream’s mPOS Solution. Your provision of personal information to us implies that: (a) you agree and consent that we may collect, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with this policy; (b) you or your representatives are authorized to provide us with your personal information.
We may obtain some information when you change the nature of services you receive, when you call our Contact Center or when you contact us otherwise. With your consent, we may obtain information about you from third parties, including credit-reporting agencies. We may collect your personal information in person, over the telephone or through e-mail, regular mail or facsimile correspondence.
The choice to provide us with personal information is always yours. You may not grant, or withdraw, consent to use your personal information at any time (subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice). However, your decision to withhold particular details may limit our ability to provide you with our services.
Commercial Electronic Messages and Opt-Out – Dream Payments may send you “commercial electronic messages” about Dream Payments and Dream Payments’ products, services, promotions and events. Dream Payments may seek your express consent or, in some cases, rely on an existing agreement or prior transaction with you to imply your consent to receiver these messages. You may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting email@example.com. Please note that for some types of messages, such as transaction notifications and important information about a Dream Customer’s account, it may not be possible to unsubscribe and continue to use the Dream Payments Services.
Recording of calls
Dream Payments may record incoming phone calls to our Contact Center for quality monitoring and coaching purposes and, as necessary, to record the fact that verbal consent was obtained to use your personal information for an identified purpose (for example, obtaining a credit report from a credit reporting agency or credit bureau).
Principle - Dream Payments shall limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by Dream Payments. Dream Payments shall collect personal information by fair and lawful means.
Types of information collected
The type of information we collect to provide you the services includes the following:
- We collect information you provide such as when you sign up for a merchant account and card payment option; during our identity verification process; or in the course of a transaction. This may include, but is not limited to, basic information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, birth date and social insurance number (optional); financial information including bank account, business details and other historical, contact, and demographic information.
- We collect transaction information when you use Dream’s mPOS Solution to accept payments. This includes transaction details like date-time, geo-location, description, the payment amounts, and information about the devices and payment methods used to complete the transaction.
- We collect device information when you access Dream’s mPOS Solution, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, browser types and language, and Internet Protocol (‘IP’) addresses.
- We collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to third-party verification services, credit bureaus, and publicly available sources.
- We collect Consumer information from transactions through Dream’s mPOS Solution, including products sold and customer financial transaction data.
- If you have a merchant account and you choose to connect your QuickBooks® Online account to your Dream Payments account, we will collect information from your QuickBooks® Online account to provide you with payment related services and to synchronize your Dream Payments and QuickBooks® Online accounts. QuickBooks® Online services are provided by Intuit which is not affiliated with Dream Payments. QuickBooks is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc.
Under the age of 13
The Dream Payments website and Dream Payments products and services are not intended for individuals under the age of 13. Dream Payments does not collect, use or disclose personal information of individuals under the age of 13. If you suspect Dream Payments has inadvertently collected personal information of someone under the age of 13 you may contact Dream Payments’ Privacy Officer.
Third Party Links
LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE & RETENTION
Principle - Dream Payments will use or disclose your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required or permitted by law. Dream Payments will retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes, subject to statutory or regulatory retention requirements and legitimate business reasons.
In the course of daily operations, access to personal and other sensitive information is restricted to authorized employees who have legitimate business purposes for accessing it.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We may disclose or share your personal information to third parties in situations where:
- We have your consent;
- The third parties are (a) our suppliers or partners who assist us in providing, maintaining, and improving Dream’s mPOS Solution; and (b) financial institutions, processors, payment card associations, and other entities that are part of the payment process;
- We are required or permitted to do so by law or applicable regulators and self-regulatory organizations; and
- Merger, sale of company stock or assets, financing, acquisition, divestiture, or dissolution of all or a portion of our business is involved.
We retain your personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the identified purpose(s). We make reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information, which is no longer required to be retained, is disposed of or destroyed in a secure manner.
Principle – Dream Payments will use reasonable efforts to maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date form as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used, in compliance with applicable legislation.
SAFEGUARDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Principle - Dream Payments will put in place security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in order to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, improper use and accidental destruction or loss.
We take reasonable measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to help protect personal information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Personal information, in both electronic and paper-based form, is stored in a highly secured environment with restricted access. Dream’s mPOS solution uses encryption for protecting and maintaining the security of message transmissions over the Internet.
Dream Payments’ employees, as a condition of their employment, are required to comply with confidentiality, merchant privacy and security obligations. Dream Payments’ employees are also trained on the importance of privacy and maintaining the confidentiality of personal information.
From time to time, Dream Payments reviews and updates its security policies and measures in an effort to protect information in the most effective manner possible.
Principle - Dream Payments shall make available to you, upon request, specific information about our policies and practices that apply to the management of your personal information.
DREAM CUSTOMER ACCESS
Principle - Upon request, Dream Payments shall inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information. You may verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate, as provided by applicable legislation.
Subject to applicable legislation, our merchants may access, verify and update their personal information by logging into their account on the merchant portal or by calling our Contact Center. If there is any error, we will promptly amend and correct the information in our possession.
ADDRESSING YOUR PRIVACY CONCERNS
Dream Payments Corp.
171 E Liberty Street,
ON M6K 3P6